Monday, February 13, 2012

No humor in art videos?

Hello again!

Lately, in-between working on animated shorts and painting, I have been doing quick cartoon drawing videos on my Youtube channel, WashedupTV.

There is something interesting I have noticed about "how to" drawing videos. Some are good, some are bad, and some are great. Most of them seem to have one thing in common- they are usually taken fairly seriously, without any sort of humor involved. Typically, the artist speaking sounds stressed out or bored. As much as I enjoy listening to "calm" and "relaxing" voices in tutorials, it does get a bit stale after awhile. This is supposed to be fun, man! If you aren't enjoying yourself, then what's the point?

That being said, here's a drawing video I did earlier tonight of an 80's chick. Enjoy!

-N.B.


http://youtu.be/NWEtgZqidC0

No comments:

Post a Comment