Monday, March 26, 2012

Madonna (Caricature) Speed Painting




While I'm not a huge fan of Madonna, I will be honest in saying that I do like some of her older music. As far as her personal life, that's a different story...

O.k., I'll be honest. Madonna was actually pretty "rad" back in the 80's and early 90's. In addition to having a huge music career, she also used to be in movies and did an awesome job on shows like Saturday Night Live. 

Having said that, I thought doing an 80's caricature version of Madonna would be pretty fun; and it was! This is the first female of this drawing/painting series. 

In an attempt to make female caricatures "less manly", I try to use less lines in the face, so I don't scare away the children, you know? I think it's easy to get away with making male caricatures over-the-top with facial detail, but when you do women....you have to be a little bit more simple, otherwise it just doesn't look very feminine.

Hope you enjoyed this! Until next time!

-N.B.


No comments:

Post a Comment